Bounce

I'm not on facebook so can't see anything there. I signed up one time so I could get in on these giveaways vendors do by liking them on facebook. Went back to the account after a few monhts, mind you other than signing up I hadn't been on my account and hadn't liked anything or had any friends, and the account had been taken over by some girl in Asia. No idea how they did it. Apparently they left my email on the account because I had to do a password reset and the email came to me. Closed the account and haven't been back.

Copied from elsewhere

To be clear, very few of the bubbly Rhodactis, even the top shelf rainbow bullseye mushrooms, are anywhere near the same caliber as the O.G. World Wide Corals Bounce Mushroom with the enlarged orange vesicles. But before this shroom earned the title of “bounce”, it was simply a beautifuly colored rainbow Rhodactis with a lot of potential.here is a phenomenon among Rhodactis in particular, in which a certain set of parameters give the corallimorph polyps the cue to develop enlarged pseudotentacles. In some cases the pseudotentacles are branched but in the more familiar instance, the namesake of the bounce shroom is the enlargement of spheroid shaped vesicles.

We’ve actually seen this in the wild, where one large colonial mat of Rhodactis mushrooms will be all one color, and just a select few polyps will display enlarged pseudotentacles. It’s worthwhile to note that we have only seen this development in shallow colonies of Rhodactis, but never in deep water colonies of will Rhodactis.

With these observations in mind, we personally believe that lighting is the main factor in the development of bounce, flame and other enlarged portions of Rhodactis polyps. It is completely reasonable to believe that the new lighting technologies we are currently using, particularly with huge spikes in blue spectrum, are partly responsible for the surge of the Bounce phenomenon we are seeing in more and more Rhodactis.

Aquarists have noticed unusual formations and developments in aquarium grown Rhodactis mushrooms for years now, but the development of the OG Bounce Shroom really put the phenomenon on the map. The huge demand for Bounce and similar Rhodactis shrooms has encouraged collectors to round up lots of colonies and single polyps of bullseye shrooms, and we recently had the chance to see a large crop of these in Jakarta before being distributed to the global aquarium market.

The basket full of rainbow bullseye and proto-bounce shrooms we looked over at ReefMaster Indonesia may look like quite a haul. Keep in mind that these are the cream of the crop, with three more kinda nice green Rhodactis for every one truly colorful rhodactis shroom with the potential for enlarged and bounce vesicles.

Furthermore, these thirty polyps are the only supply for a single exporter for a month, and these will be scattered to better importers and reef shops in all four corners of the globe. Such a limited supply countered by an overwhelming demand has made just about every kind of decent Rhodactis a pretty hot commodity.

I know of three different wholesalers who are currently importing them. Two in LA and one in FL, at a price where full big 2-3" mushrooms should retail for $130-200, making small of them worth about $30-40, $50-60 if you want to make a big profit. They post pictures of them on facebook in mushroom groups if you need proof, tons out there it's just the same scammy vendors picking them up and holding them kind of like how diamond companies do.

Said it before I'll say it again: the moment people stop overpaying for them the prices will dive bomb because the supply right now far exceeds the demand. Until then there's too many people who for some reason or another are making the active choice to "currently believe they are rare." 100% of those people coincidentally own a WWC jawbreaker.

These wholesalers sell to the public at all? What are their names if you don't mind me asking?

I know of three different wholesalers who are currently importing them. Two in LA and one in FL, at a price where full big 2-3" mushrooms should retail for $130-200, making small of them worth about $30-40, $50-60 if you want to make a big profit. They post pictures of them on facebook in mushroom groups if you need proof, tons out there it's just the same scammy vendors picking them up and holding them kind of like how diamond companies do.

Said it before I'll say it again: the moment people stop overpaying for them the prices will dive bomb because the supply right now far exceeds the demand. Until then there's too many people who for some reason or another are making the active choice to "currently believe they are rare." 100% of those people coincidentally own a WWC jawbreaker.

None of those look like the WWC OG Bounce bro. I've seen the same on Facebook as well.

Jawbreakers are definitely not rare. And neither are the OG Bounces now, its just they are really killer in person and highly sought after.

IMG_6863+crop+wm.jpg

ADC has a 3" one for sale right now.

Do u have a pic of the mother Tweaked?

I do not. I traded with a buddy. A baby JawBreaker for a Baby WWC Bounce. I was given two JBs by a good friend so I am stoked to have one of each for nothing. Still some good guys out there for sure.

The WWC Bounce has been around for a few years and I have yet to see another wild one show up just like it. Most other shrooms you can find multiples of them. I still see shrooms today that were being collected back in the 90's.

come to toronto, i don't hesitate to say that probably a dozen people have them, and not from the lfs that has a pretty big colony of them - imho even nicer than the WWC bounce.
Several people bought them at around $500CAD last year, and I suspect each and everyone of them bought them with the intention of fragging clones.

Are bounce mushrooms so expensive because they bud infrequently? I'm guessing not all mushrooms grow like crazy...?

No sir, they are expensive because someone has lied to you that they are rare, uncommon and believe me, they bud just as quick as any other mushrooms I've owned. Many simply know more about names, prices etc, then they do about growing this very common Rhodactis mushroom. It's funny how you only see them is saturated blue ( actinics) only and in tiny or single polyps. I've owned numerous variants in the past 13 years, some the same colors you see today. They proliferated so rapidly that I had to split most of my colonies in half and remove half of them, and trust me, they were huge polyps. Anyone who really knows these Corallimorphs can tell you how to make them bubble up. These claims you hear are nothing more than another attempt to hype something that someone someday wants to sell to you to pay their mortgage off.

MUCHO REEF

Last edited:
Bounce

What's wrong with liking the look of blue lights?

And do you still have them? Share some pics!

Not all sales are people lying to us lol. It's a hobby and these animals are free to expensive. You just have to get out and meet some fellow reefers and go to local swaps and shows. Not all are out to rip you! I have two so called expensive mushrooms now, paid $0.00.

What's wrong with liking the look of blue lights?

And do you still have them? Share some pics!

Nothing wrong with liking the blue lights but it doesn't show what any coral actually looks like. Might be nice if sellers posted a pic under normal lighting conditions and one under actinics. Tweaked's picture looks reasonable, the other ADC one is not.

Nothing. That is about all I ever see my coral under. By the time I get home from work it is time for the white lights to go off.

Bingo, and when I see pics like the above, that's how they will look in my tank. It's all good

Exactly my point. I think the corals look awesome under the blue light. Fish not as much so I enjoy seeing them at different times. Never understood saying a blue pic isn't how the coral will look. Yes, it will look like that when viewed under blue light that many like.

Back