Brand new MP10 very loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

mussel and hate

It seems I need to start a new thread regarding this topic as I can't for some reason post in the old one here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20812475#post20812475

So first, thanks Jon for responding. I wish you'd been a few weeks quicker though as that would have helped me.

EcoTech Support said:
I'd like to address this thread because there seems to be some incorrect information. The MP10 isn't silent, but the noise emitted from it is minimal (typically inaudible) in environments with other aquarium equipment running. Additionally, the VorTech Pumps have a break-in period for the first two weeks where the noise from the pump quiets down significantly with run time.

If anyone here feels as though they have a VorTech that is abnormally loud, we encourage you to complete a Service Request (RMA) and send the product in for service, where we can test any ETM product free of charge.

Here at EcoTech, we pride ourselves on a superior level of customer service and encourage anyone to contact us directly (using the information below) if you have any questions/concerns.

There may be some incorrect information though it's difficult to tell without some more information from Ecotech. My subjective impression that my newish MP10 is louder than my 20+ year old external pumps isn't incorrect, but it does trouble me.

I'm hoping you will indulge me and answer the questions I've already posed in the previous thread. Here they are again.

What setting is recommended for breakin? i.e. Constant speed mode, short pulse?

What speed is recommended for break-in?

Most importantly: What quantitative measurement of sound level(dB, sone) is considered normal for an MP10 after break in at a given setting/speed. I'm certain there must be standards beyond the subjective "well, it sounds ok to me".

RMA processes place an unwelcome burdon on both the customer and the manufacturer. RMA isn't a practical solution, it does not address my concerns as I cannot be assured of remedy and it deprives me of the use of the expensive pump for the duration.

I closed your prior thread. It seems best to take this topic up directly with EcoTech versus continuing the discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back