Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2

Hartdude

Premium Member
p-35547-47232-fish-supply.jpg

Has anyone used or have experience with Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2 product? I picked up a can, and plan to replace my standard Kalk drip with this. The product contains Calcium hydroxide, Strontium hydroxide, and Magnesium hydroxide in the following amounts (per the label)

Calcium (min) 54.20% (542,000 ppm)
Strontium (min) 1.00% (10,000 ppm)
Magnesium (min) 0.15% (1,500 ppm)

Now, I understand that this is going to be beneficial to my reef, much in the same way a standard Kalk drip would but...

This product does not contain chloride salts. Is the Calcium Hydroxide better able to dissociate the calcium ions without the chloride?

Re: Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2

I just bought some mrs wages yesterday and when I went online to see how much kalk is going for now I saw the stuff you got. It sounds interesting I wonder if it will work any better?

What were you using before?
I don't know if you're really going to benefit more with this than the usual pickling lime or bulk kalk.

Also, FWIW, RHF is not a fan of Brightwell products and their claims.

I was dripping with just Brand X Kalk before deciding to give this a shot. I was also dosing Strontium, too. So, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.

Alan, I know he's not a fan. That's why I didn't post this in the chem forum too. :)

Back