Brown Algae

frankfast

Have a 25 gal. nano tank that's been running for over 5 years. It has been filled with Tonga rock and has two soft corals, mushrooms and two small clown fish. All are doing well.The Tonga rock is covered with a brown growth and is difficult to keep clean. I use Chem Blue and activated carbon. I've used Phosban in my reactor without success. I'm looking for something to use in the reactor that might help with the brown algae that covers the rock. I do monthly water changes. I also have a small skimmer. Any advice is appreciated.

Have a 25 gal. nano tank that's been running for over 5 years. It has been filled with Tonga rock and has two soft corals, mushrooms and two small clown fish. All are doing well.The Tonga rock is covered with a brown growth and is difficult to keep clean. I use Chem Blue and activated carbon. I've used Phosban in my reactor without success. I'm looking for something to use in the reactor that might help with the brown algae that covers the rock. I do monthly water changes. I also have a small skimmer. Any advice is appreciated.

Can you send a picture of the tank

Can you post you tank chem please. Could be multiple issues, but considering the age of the tank, I wonder if there have been any changes in feeding, light or inhabitants?

Back