BTA Nem acting strange. Any advice

abhutta

Hi Folks Have had a Red BTA for about 8 mnths. He hosts two clowns. About two months ago moved my tank and upgraded to a 90g from 55. In the new tank he has moved around the rock quite a bit but seemed to have settled in a spot for about 3 weeks. Yesterday, he left the bottom of the rock and started migrating up the tank and now has wedged himself in the corner of teh overflow box and is partially closed up. Clowns are still hanging with him and nesting. Should I be concerned? Could he be sick? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Give him a day or two. Mine close up sometimes, deflate, get stringy tentacles etc. It should pass reasonably quickly. If it goes on for a week there is a problem and I would move him back to a better spot.

Anemones generally move because they are unhappy. It could just be moving around in search of the correct combination of flow and light. But I would check all your parameters just in case.

Anemones generally move because they are unhappy. It could just be moving around in search of the correct combination of flow and light. But I would check all your parameters just in case.

+1
Good advice. When I first put ours in it moved about 4-5 times the first week or two. He then settled in and hasn't moved since. Double check the parameters to be sure though.
Cheers!

Back