Bubble Algae and Live rock help.

fishtk75

I have bubble algae in live rocks that all over them. I took the rocks out and let it dry for two months. Will bubble algae still live on the rocks still after drying so long? If so what need to be done to make sure bubble algae is dead from the rocks and what process you used.

A soak in a dilute bleach solution should do the trick. Rinse & air dry in the sun. But if the infected tank is still up and running, it could still be reinfected from spores or remenants at the base of coral colonies, on the sand bed etc.

A soak in a dilute bleach solution should do the trick. Rinse & air dry in the sun. But if the infected tank is still up and running, it could still be reinfected from spores or remenants at the base of coral colonies, on the sand bed etc.

What is there as to do to kill the sand and tank also?

You had a typo there so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

The bleach will evaporate if you do it properly so it won't hurt anything when the rocks go back in the tank. But a mini cycle is possible.

If you're asking how to ensure the sand and other nooks & crannies aren't harboring BA, well that's a lot tougher to do. A tank break down & complete sterilization is one way I suppose.

You had a typo there so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

The bleach will evaporate if you do it properly so it won't hurt anything when the rocks go back in the tank. But a mini cycle is possible.

If you're asking how to ensure the sand and other nooks & crannies aren't harboring BA, well that's a lot tougher to do. A tank break down & complete sterilization is one way I suppose.

Sorry Typo.
Yes as to sand and tank break down and sterilization.
Do you know the process to do with the sand and tank?
The sand what process you use to sterilization it?
Tank system what process you use to sterilization it?

I have bubble algae in live rocks that all over them. I took the rocks out and let it dry for two months. Will bubble algae still live on the rocks still after drying so long? If so what need to be done to make sure bubble algae is dead from the rocks and what process you used.

Yes bubble algae is evil. it will still be there.:uzi:

Back