Bubble Magus Skimmers

If there's one thing I know about the Bubble Magus, it's that the low --> high dial is reverse. This might be dumb and you've likely already tried it, but try turning it to high and see if it settles down :)
So is my Reef Octopus. Dial opposite? Works great.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Just to update my skimmer... it's been about 2 weeks now and I'm able to loosen up the air intake restrictor a little to allow more air. Originally I built a stand to raise it about 1.5" and opened the restrictor all the way but I didn't like how much air was coming in so I took the stand away and restricted the air a little. So far, I'm really impressed with the skimmer.

Hey I see you have virtually the same set up as me. I just got a red sea 170 up and running and have the same skimmer - the a5 bubble magus. I'm having issues with the thing constantly filling up and overflowing. How did you set yours up to avoid having this problem? Depth, flow, etc. Thanks ahead of time!

Hey I see you have virtually the same set up as me. I just got a red sea 170 up and running and have the same skimmer - the a5 bubble magus. I'm having issues with the thing constantly filling up and overflowing. How did you set yours up to avoid having this problem? Depth, flow, etc. Thanks ahead of time!
I'm using the restrictor on the air intake to control the air. I really feel that the pump pulls too much air for the body size. I'm not quite sure how much I actually restricted the intake but I have my outlet on setting 4 and bubble breaking point a couple of inches from the top of the neck. The skimmer sits in the default depth of the sump. After about 2 weeks, the skimmer settled down and is skimmer like a champ now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back