bubble tip anemone

Joshsreef

Ok my tank is 6 months old and stable and I am ready to add a bubble tip anemone for my 2 percs. What do they eat and how often? Anything I should really know about them before adding to my tank? Do they need filter feeding food such as marine snow ? What is the best kind of filter feeding food if it needed ?

Try different foods like fresh or frozen shrimp,mysis shrimp,krill. They'll eat flake and dryed food too. Whatever the clown fish brings back to them most of the time.

coral life power compacts 4*65 watts

I was told my lighting was adequete and that of all the anenomes that the bubble tips needed the least amount of light

IF water quality is in great shape lower lihgt maybe fine.If he finds a spot a stays hes happy.If he always moves hes unhappy.I feed mine uncooked shrimp 1 time weekly.
But i see many threads on why percs dont host an anenome.

that could be a problem. How deep is your tank?, and who told you this?

I tried to keep a BTA when I had my 90gal corner with a coral life 192 watt PC fixture. Needless to say it only lasted about 3 months.

My tank was 24" deep though with the lights 4" above the top.

Well I will have roughly 70 more watts than you in a tank that is 15 gals less. I will place it high. Somone wrote it in a post a while back but I can seem to get the search function to work right now to look it up.

did it crash your tank?

Also to add to what demonsp said. I have a BTA (with T-5's now) and 2 Ocellaris clowns. They don't go near my BTA but they where tank raised.

Also I don't feed my BTA anything other than light & what the other fish stir-up when there feed.

i have a bta with to ocellaris clowns that were ocean caught and they hosted to it just fine...and before i had the bta they would host to just about anything that was wavey or soft haha

I like that.He is telling you not what to do.

You cant just place a BTA. He will move and in the process may bother other coral. If you read my repley then you see if he stays in one spot and doesnt move then hes happy.If he keeps moving theres a problem. Besides with so many types why settle on such a main stream BTA that many pros consider a pest anemone.

My tomato clowns took to it right away and after sex selection the male was only allowed in at night. But he hosts any nearby coral during the day.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11690485#post11690485 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdmcivicek9
i have a bta with to ocellaris clowns that were ocean caught and they hosted to it just fine...and before i had the bta they would host to just about anything that was wavey or soft haha

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11690492#post11690492 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by demonsp
I like that.He is telling you not what to do.

I really didn't mean that. I was just trying to state that it's difficult to keep a BTA with PC lighting. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just a bit more difficult.

I apologize if you thought I way trying to tell you what to do.

I wouldn't try a BTA in that tank, but it might work. As noted, placing it high in the tank might not help at all, since it might move on its own. My BTAs are under 175 W metal halide in a 29g system.

Im sorry i didnt finish that. I meant to add , that its refreshing that someone in here help by there learning experiance.I meant it as a good thing.This ole lady distracted me.After reading it again it looked rude.Sorry.

Would it be better to try a different type of anenome , I would be willing to look at different species as long as there is a possibility it would host my clowns

I have a BTA with 2 Current PC 96w- double bulbs. I supplemental feed it about every 2 weeks. Be prepared for it to move where it wants and when it finds its home it will stay there if it's happy. I couldn't get any ocellaris clowns to host in it, but my Maroon clown and Yellow Stripe Maroon share it.

Back