Bubble Tip Anemones

unimike

My anemone just decided to move from the top of the LR to the under of the LR, why would they move down under if there's no light in the cave ?

Water Temp 82
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
pH 8.4

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mine moved from the top of the tank to the middle of the tank within the first few hours, then as the days passed, it adjusted to the lower middle portion of the LR Structure. My LFS guy told me "dont ever place any anenome anywhere, they will figure out where they want to go, what flow feels right and what light feels right". After a week, my guy has positioned himself just right. I would give it time to adjust.

I sure hope that he likes to chill upside down on my LR because right now he is sitting upside down on the same LR that I have placed him on the top...

It can take them a few days to find a new spot. Don't worry. He might end up in the back of your tank though.

Right now I'm the happy owner of a sebea anemone, but I'm hoping to be a future owner of a bta within the next year so I've been reading up on them and asking questions. It's probably acclimating, but I've heard from some owners that the nem will go and hide when they're splitting, and then come back out when they're done. This may be another possiblity.
Good luck!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7506328#post7506328 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by superman1013
my ended up on the back of my tank... kinda sucked for me, but where ever it feels good its fine.

Yeah, mine did too. But I'm still hoping it will move cause it's a pain feeding it back there.

Re: Bubble Tip Anemones

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7506105#post7506105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by unimike
Water Temp 82
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
pH 8.4

I don't know how much amonia causes an anemone stress, but could it be the amonia in the tank?

Corey

the ammonia is now zero after doing the water changes, and my anemone decided to settle in the back of my tank and squeezed itself between the LRs and the glass and it is like a inch or inch and half between, does it say that my flow is too strong ?

My total water flow is about 900GPH

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7509515#post7509515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Btboy2004
Yeah, mine did too. But I'm still hoping it will move cause it's a pain feeding it back there.

LOL, yup it sure is a PITA to feed him back there. I hope my moves to somewhere more accessible for feeding in the future.

Kinda odd tho, I thought they like lots of light, where he is at now, maybe only 20-25 percent of his tentacles have access to the light.

Yup, it have decided to settle in the back of the tank right behind of the LRs, is there any way to make it to move ? Placing the powerheads to different location to direct the flow towards it so it would move ?

That's the only way. Mine just moved again after moving him back to the front. He likes to sit on the side of a rock near the back. Quite annoying to say the least. Perhaps it is time I stick a powerhead toward him!

Yeah, I guess I will have to realign one of my powerheads and direct the flow towards it...and hopefully it would move to front from back

Thanks!

Back