Bubbles in Silicone? Concern?

Hi There,

I have had this tank running for approximately a month and noticed some bubbles in the silicone. There are some picture below, please let me know your thoughts.

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3003.jpg
    IMG_3003.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 20
Unless they've only recently shown up, I wouldn't be worried. If you can definitely say they've just started appearing, and more are coming, that tank may be on the verge of a disaster.

I would agree - if they grow in number or size, i would be draining ASAP. One way or the other I would be in contact with the manufacturer, to me that is a defect and not normal craftsmanship.

A tank builder once said some bubbles mean the silicone sealed properly all around the seam and that was just trapped air. Something about using professional grade silicone and it’s drying oh n sealing

Was he BSing me… maybe… but I installed the 300 gal bubble silicone tank and it’s still running

My bubbles were on the seam at the bottoms and not on a viewing seam

I could see it bothering me if it was on a focal point

It would bother me until the tank was gone. My brain keeps going back to how much damage would be dome if I wasn't home.

Thank you all for the responses, I cannot confirm they just appeared. Looking back at photos they may have been there the whole time.

Best to check on them daily?

Back