Building custom tank stand, suggestions?

GroYurOwn

A friend is going to help me build a custom stand for a 75 gallon I am setting up, I wanted to see if there were any suggestions for things that you all wish you had that I may be able to incorporate. I haven't had a tank for six years and a lot has changed since then. So a please, give me any ideas you have on things that may make my life easier!

I already plan to build up the bottom in the interior for easy sliding of sump in and out, as well as doors on the sides for easy access to all sides of the interior.

And....GO

Last edited:
Epoxy coating the entire bottom so it's able to hold water... Just in case

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Epoxy coating the entire bottom so it's able to hold water... Just in case

Thats a really good idea! The problem is that I plan on building the bottom of the interior up so that there is no lip in case i want to pull the sump out, so I dont know how effective water proofing it would be.

-No 2x4's.. ;)

-A separate/sealed section for electronics

-Fully removable side panels

-an interior light for use during maintenance time

-a beer tap

No need to build up the bottom.
You are not going to remove a sump full of water.
+ you loose height for a protein skimmer & no tray for spills.

-No 2x4's.. ;)

-A separate/sealed section for electronics

-Fully removable side panels

-an interior light for use during maintenance time

-a beer tap
All really good ones... I wish I made a separate section for electrical. Salty air is no good for electrical pieces.

I think I am going to do side panels that are attached by magnets. And the sealed section for electric is good thinking, maybe on one of the sides I will create a section with holes for cords and all of the cables will route in to that section, that way it will keep splashing salt water of the outlets.

I am going to string some LEDS around the top inside with a switch so when the doors open the lights come on, like in a fridge! Beer tap sounds great, gonna have to really size up to make room for the keg!

Back