Bulk GFO Now Available!

Jeremy B.

BULK-GFO_1.jpg

Premium Aquatics is now offering bulk GFO (Granular Ferric Oxide) for phosphate removal. We are selling this by the pound, packed to order. Pricing per pound in bulk is as follows:

1lb $21.99
2-3lb $19.99
4-7lb $15.49
8-19lb $14.99
20lb+ $12.99

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/me...ore_Code=PA&Product_Code=PA-BF&Category_Code=

Bulk Carbon Coming Soon!

Can we also get an idea on the size? Small grained (=<1mm) or more like "pellet" (2-3mm)?

This is not pellet, but rather just granulated. In other words, this is VERY similar to the standard Warner Marine product and TLF product. ;)

Would this GFO be considered High Capacity?

I think the question is how does this compare to the bulkreefsupply High Capacity GFO.

If its the same I would switch my orders to you guys as you guys have been great to me over the years. I just love the High Capacity GFO from BRS.

Mike

This is not "HC" gfo, just the regular granulated gfo. There are three types of gfo commonly used in our hobby, and really about the only three that are used worldwide in the mining industry, where this product comes from for arsenic removal....

1. Granular Ferric Oxide
2. Pelletized Ferric Oxide
3. HC Ferric Oxide

1 & 2 have the exact same chemical makeup, it's just produced in two different forms. An example of this is that the TLF phosban is granular, and the Warner Marine Phosar is pelletized. HC is a granular product, although larger granules, and it's slightly different chemical makeup. Hope this helps to clear up the information some.

Back