Buna & Tonga Kaelini Live Rock

dYno

I miss the good ol’ days with the varieties of natural Oceana live rock available. This rock was light and beautiful and full of coraline and other critters. I remember when I first set up my tank I was so astonished at the life that I found on my rock I enjoyed just looking at all these critters for a couple months without adding anything else to the tank.

Anyway, anyone know if any rock like this is still being imported and is available?

Also Australian is occasionally imported

Also sold by UniqueCorals as well (but I think it’s out of stock)

Supposedly Walt Smith is still importing his aquacultured Fiji rock, but I can’t recall seeing anywhere selling any recently.

Yes, those were the good ole days of reef keeping.

While not as light and open as the indo-pacific rock we've seen in the past, a couple years ago I bought some Caribbean live rock from KP Aquatics and was extremely pleased with the amount of life on/in the rock. I would definitely buy from them again.

I've also heard very good things about Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock as well.

Ah yes there is the Carribean aquacultured rock, and the bonus is it’s usually shipped in water so lots of life and the chance for some Carribean/gulf corals that you can’t get any other way

I’ve been using gulf rock in recent years. I think it has more life on then the imported rock of the 80’s and 90’s. It’s more dense then the old imported rock.

Back