Burning Candles A No No?

MrRoo

In Memoriam
My GF likes to burn candles in the front room where our fish tank is, should I not let her anymore? They are odor candles and I was afraid maybe some of it may end up in the aquarium. The tank does have a canopy if it matters but I will be installing 4 fans this weekend to blow cool air over the water.

I think it is harmless. How many people smoke in their house and show no ill effects on the tank?

I've got candles in the same room as my tank.

Plenty of smoking done in my house with no ill affects to my tank. I also burn incents all the time in the same room of my tank with no ill affects.

Awesome good to know. I didn't want to fishies to smell the same god awful scented candles I have to. Why girls this all these smells smell good is beyond me :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12193431#post12193431 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reeferhabit
Plenty of smoking done in my house with no ill affects to my tank.

Did you ever try to stop smoking in the house to see what the fish would do? :)

I wouldn't worry about it. We don't burn scented candles (our cats are too curious about the flame) but we do have a candle warmer -- it's like a tiny hotplate that melts the candle and releases the scent into the room. It's the same effect as burning a candle, minus the smoke when you extinguish the flame, and even though it's only about 15 feet away our reef doesn't seem to react at all.

pmolan- that is a good question. I have been smoking in my house as long as i have had the tank. My tank is thriving, so either my fish dont notice the smoke or they enjoy it as much as i do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12193463#post12193463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrRoo
Awesome good to know. I didn't want to fishies to smell the same god awful scented candles I have to. Why girls this all these smells smell good is beyond me :p

Hhhmm...I know.... The same reason some woman carry them tiny little dogs...........When they pass gass....they can blame it on the dog....LOL....Now...the fish

no comment.
142835smokinshrimp.jpg

puff away...burn away...next they'll tell you farting in the same room will affect your fish...

You know this is sort of funny; my Westie sleeps next to the tank and real close to my skimmer. Man, when this little pup lets one go LOOK OUT! I was wondering just the other night if my C3 Bermuda Aquatic skimmer would sense the stench and go hay wire:)

Kid you not!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12195062#post12195062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gdevine
You know this is sort of funny; my Westie sleeps next to the tank and real close to my skimmer. Man, when this little pup lets one go LOOK OUT! I was wondering just the other night if my C3 Bermuda Aquatic skimmer would sense the stench and go hay wire:)

Kid you not!

SEE...Thats what Iam saying.....She will NEVER say it....She will allways blame it on the dog or the fish.......WOMAN dont fart....LOL

awww the fish could not smell any worse than the person that smokes... nothing I like better than inviting visitors to leave our office that smell of smoke... (Dr's office) they have to go home, shower, put on clean clothes and try again...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12194925#post12194925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewFish3
Hhhmm...I know.... The same reason some woman carry them tiny little dogs...........When they pass gass....they can blame it on the dog....LOL....Now...the fish

Hey now I have one of those little dogs and he is the best damn dog ever :p
l_4d775313c954670a7589a869387d8d8d.jpg

Interesting. This has never even crossed my mind. Now I'm wondering if my fish mind that "fresh floral" Febreeze I use all the time! LOL

Naw I smoked for more years than most of the members here have been alive.... but I quit cold turkey about 10 years ago... I work in an research/ immunology/ allergist office and any smoke stink can trip some people into a full fledged episode that can leave them dead on the floor (asthma can be pretty nasty)...

sorry for the short/tort reply... :)

there are responsible smokers out there and thank you... it is the ones that do all they can to push the rules like any habit or hobby :)

I would worry more about the Frebreeze than smoke myself... it is more likely to land in the tank in a soluble form and it carries a host of chemicals designed to be antibacterial as I recall?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12195682#post12195682 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrRoo
Hey now I have one of those little dogs and he is the best damn dog ever :p
l_4d775313c954670a7589a869387d8d8d.jpg
are those "Doggles" ? :)

Back