Buyer Beware

tank o tang

Thread Lurker
I bought a 36" t-8 light bulb from petco in stratford and when I got home it wasn't hard to tell it was used from the salt on it. Anyway when my wife went to return it they just put it back on the shelf in front of her. When she questioned them for putting it back on the shelf, they told her thats what they are instructed to do unless it is physically broken. Looks like I will have to ask Bob to order them for me or do it online. Would hate to be the next guy that needs to run in there for a bulb with that policy.

that is just nutz! cant believe they put it back on the shelf in front of your wife -- AFTER you returned it for being used. WOW. Last time I buy from them....what a horrible store policy.

I have kinda noticed that there, boxes that don't seem to be right. extra tape, etc. I try not to buy from them either.

I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm especially bummed because I've found - for the Fairfield/Westport/Norwalk area they seem to have the best prices on equipment.

Well now I know why.

Back