Buying a new R.O. Unit, which one should i chose?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6485418#post6485418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by leeweber85
OK, what's better? The 75gpd compact reefkeeper from airwaterice.com or the one from filterdirect? I was going to go with the one from filterdirect because it seemed like it had everything... it claims 98% rejection I believe.

If the one one from airwater ice really is all that better I will spend the extra $40 or so for it.

Does the one from airwaterice have the easy flush valve?

Unless you have water which is really bad to begin with, the filterdirect one will be more than adequate to meet your needs. Just get yourself a TDS meter and add it on as well, and you will be very happy with it... trust me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6489806#post6489806 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lbrty9
Unless you have water which is really bad to begin with, the filterdirect one will be more than adequate to meet your needs. Just get yourself a TDS meter and add it on as well, and you will be very happy with it... trust me.

I don't think hes going to know how bad his tap water is until he gets a good RO unit that has a TDS meter. Don't take the chances with the the ebay stuff. The 75.00 is well worth the future of your tank and a savings in maintaince costs of cheap unit.

I have a tds meter..... and I have an RO/DI but didn't mantain it properly and it is JUNK now. I could just replace all the filters/membrane but by the time i do that i could have a new one and wouldnt have to worry about all the leaks etc.

MY TDS of tap water is 330-350ppm

i didnt mean to start an war or anything with this thread. I just want to know what is the best piece of equipment and i dont mind spending some money. i dont want to spend a ton, but i am not going cheap either. I want the best item for the best price. I have a 75 gallon tank (small by most standards im sure) and i lose about 15 gallons of evaporation per month. So i think i will just research a few of the ones recommended here and i will let you know what i am going to buy. I will also keep a good log of the results i get and let you know. thanks to everyone that posted :)

Back