Calcium high range

My understanding (and I'm not a chemistry expert by far) is that Ca and KH have an inverse relationship. A high Ca can actually contribute to suppressed KH. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone with more chemistry knowledge will correct me.

My understanding (and I'm not a chemistry expert by far) is that Ca and KH have an inverse relationship. A high Ca can actually contribute to suppressed KH. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone with more chemistry knowledge will correct me.
I know it should be between 380 and 420 to be good

My Ca is 497 as I type and Alk stays around 8dkh. I dose Ca, Alk, Mg and Part C daily to keep things in check. I would not worry about it being 470. However, unless you have a large population of LPS and\or SPS, there's no reason to have it that high.

RedSea has a reef calculator to help with determining parameter levels to achieve desired results within your tank. It's not necessary to use their products...although they would certainly like that! :)

My Ca is 497 as I type and Alk stays around 8dkh. I dose Ca, Alk, Mg and Part C daily to keep things in check. I would not worry about it being 470. However, unless you have a large population of LPS and\or SPS, there's no reason to have it that high.

RedSea has a reef calculator to help with determining parameter levels to achieve desired results within your tank. It's not necessary to use their products...although they would certainly like that! :)
Thank you 💞

Back