California de-barbing wild rays!?

Welcome to our country, were anything that harms us, hurts us, makes us fat, burns us, causes cancer, or death is someone else's fault.

And if it might possibly offend anyone in any way then someone's working to get it banned, and we should all feel bad about having brought up whatever it was that made them feel uncomfortable. Especially in CA...

Im a resident in Seal Beach and I also go to CSULB. Personally I like the study, over the past years I've been stung by rays about 5 times surfing and if the city want to find ways to reduce the number injuries and do a little study on the stingrays habitat I say let them. Its not a waste of money its education in marine biology.

I got nailed by a bat ray once so bad out here that I was hallucinating and almost blacked out, but I wasn't too surprised because the water's where rays are. On the other hand, I was really surprised when I almost dumped my wife and I off my bike at 40mph the other day because thanks to budget issues there are 6" potholes all over the place in LA. Under my bike is not a pothole's usual habitat, so imo there's better things to spend tax dollars on than novelties only .00001% of the beach going population would get anything useful out of :)

Back