Calling all wrasse experts

For a 29g tank you need to look at something like a possum wrasse, cryptic wrasse, or a small flasher species. The leopards, solar, orange back, and other wrasses mentioned above are too big for that small of a tank.

I spoke to a few people. One had a suggestion of a cryptic wrasse/pink lined wrasse. I think im gonna go with that wrasse. Its both colorful, stays small and doesnt seem to have a temper like some of the others i was looking at

For a 29g tank you need to look at something like a possum wrasse, cryptic wrasse, or a small flasher species. The leopards, solar, orange back, and other wrasses mentioned above are too big for that small of a tank.

I know, im not one of those people that cram a tang in a 20L lol i am going with a cryptic wrasse. I just gotta find one.

Hey Nathan if you find a cryptic and they have more than one send me a text. I have been looking for one for almost 2 years. Great fish.

From what ive read on the leopards, out of all the wrasses these ones dont ship to well. I guess from the collection, to the wholesaler to the lfs really puts a toll on them. And im pretty sure they pick on the smaller parts of the cuc. I think mature size is 5-6 inches. I really like the leopard wrasses, as it was my first choice but i dont want to lose my shrimp and other parts of my cuc

my leopards don't eat even the sexy shrimps.. they are really kind fishes to all the other fishes even to eachother.. i got a female leopard meleagris and a female choati they swimming all day out.. if you buy one watch them closely in the shop.. if they hiding straight away into the sand and just come out to ate let them there !!! if they swimming around you can buy them... they go into the and to sleep.. but will be out in the morning again

Back