Exquisite Wrasse Aggression

reefer_union

Hi RC folks,
I recently introduced 2 wrasses into my redsea 425 system, an exquisite and pintail wrasse. Both introduced together. First few days they were getting along just fine and now i'm noticing the exquisite is showing some territorial behavior chasing the pintail. I dont see any form of fin nipping just chasing around. Im wondering if this behavior would stop over the course of the next few weeks or if I should consider pulling the exquisite wrasse. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
thank you

Welcome to RC! They are likely just establishing territory. I would watch to ensure minimal if any fin nipping or if one seems excessively stressed out. If so, I’d pull one and then go from there

Welcome to RC! They are likely just establishing territory. I would watch to ensure minimal if any fin nipping or if one seems excessively stressed out. If so, I’d pull one and then go from there
thank you!I'll keep a close eye, in case I do have to catch the aggressor, what might be the best approach?

I found the feed and scoop approach to work best (put the net in and let the fish settle down…feed the tank on one side and scoop from underneath with the net). Others buy a fish trap

I also have an exquisite wrasse, I recently added a flasher wrasse and for the first day the exquisite would chase him about a bit. Second day - nothing. So just keep an eye on him

Back