Calling Angel Experts

It depends on the size of the tank. If it is atleast 180 then yes if added all at once or added flame, then regal, then queen.

Regals are sometimes difficult to keep alive...get small and feed it everything..sponge, copepods/amphepods, pe mysis, enhanced brine, fresh seafood and dose food with garlic, zoe, zoecon and selcon...

Id add the flame and a larger regal first. Wait atleast a few months to add a small queen. Queens get bossy, especially when older. Mine chases a passer and french angel, but leaves every other fish (tangs, triggers, wrasses, eel etc alone). Just an angel on angel thing and the queen is one of the most aggressive, the regal the most docile. IMO not a good combo.

How mature should my tank be before adding the regal? Can I buy sponge, copepods/amphepods? I now feed mysis/brine, krill, flakes with garlic and zoe but can't find local selcon.

I agree with all of DPS's previous posts. The queen will eventually own your tank, and it is typically by brute force. I think the queen would eventually cause stress to your other angels, especially a mild Regal. I have a large mix of angels in my 300 that coexist peacefully.
I have been tempted to try a queen but I always stop myself and remember the horror stories I have heard about their aggression.

Thanks guy, I will pass on the Queen. Is there another angel thought would fit better? Will I be able to add a tang or two later or will the Regal be too timid?

It all depends on which Tang you add to your tank. You could add something
Like a Sailfin Tang or even a Naso Tang.

Actually, I was going to do 2, an Achilles with a Naso or an Achilles with a Sailfin, any opinions?

I run four Tunze 6100 and have a ton of alternating flow and my angels don't mind it. I had an Achille's for almost 2 years and had to sell it due to its aggression towards some of my smaller angels. If you intend on keeping the Achille's definitely add it last.

Thanks, Can you tell me which tang/tangs you would suggest for a 180g to get along with the flame angel and the regal angel. Also, have I overlooked any other cool angels?

Another questions a bit off topic is I get a Marine Betta with this 180g and wondering if I should keep him or not, anyone have one?

Back