Calling mobile light rack users

tank watch

In Memoriam
I am interested in seeing designs and ideas for moveable light rack systems. How did you do it? Is it on drawer slides?
I cant figure out how to extend the 4 foot wide light rack beyong the front of the tank. It must need a track to ride in for support, right?
Lets see what you did. Photos tell a thousand words. Thanks , ....Matt

I dont have time for a photo but I used new garage door rails, powder coated them and have an aluminim channel running along it with my lights attached to a mortorized rail between them running the length of the tank. works out sweet.

thats what I was thinking as well, but what supports the front of the rack when it leaves the canopy area. I dont want tracks extending into the viewing room.

So did I read that right, the lights move throughout the day? That must look incredible. Any chance of a time-lapse all-day shot of this in action?

it moves at 4 rpm on a track, faster than I'd like since there really isnt a long distance with two 19.5 " lumenarcs and the 62" inside bracing distance. but looks cool.

the lights totally move out of the way on the garage rails, I powder coated them white since I didnt want it to look like garage rails.

thanks.

they move forward enough to bring them out of the way by about 16 inches to work in the tank. they go back all the way so i can work on the tank from the front and work/clean in the lights from the rear. works out great.

If you could just give the light mover juice a few seconds several times a day that'd slow the transit speed down a bit.

Back