Calling on VorTech mp&radion users!!!

maddmaxx

ive been researching these pumps and lights for some time now. and i see all vortech equipment are compatitable..so couple questions cause i cant find to much info on my questions lol....

i under stand the radions can be plugged into a PC to unlock custom settings. so if you have multiple lights, do you have to plug them each in to register it on the PC program? or will they talk to eachother and you only have to plug the usb into one unit and they all sink?

also the PC program that you can customize yourself, can you set when and duration of a thunderstorm? can you set it for just pasing clouds? and how does this work with the mps? can you set the mps to turn into a different mode while the thunderstorm is goin on, then when the storm passes itll go back to my original setting?

also with the mps, do i have to hook the es controller up to computer by usb also? or will it communicate with the radions and know when to power down for night mode, thunderstorms etc etc

sorry for the questions, but i really want to know the possibilites that can be done with these vortech products. im very interested in them and would love to hear some feed back by actual owners....

ive been researching these pumps and lights for some time now. And i see all vortech equipment are compatitable..so couple questions cause i cant find to much info on my questions lol....

I under stand the radions can be plugged into a pc to unlock custom settings. So if you have multiple lights, do you have to plug them each in to register it on the pc program? Or will they talk to eachother and you only have to plug the usb into one unit and they all sink?
No if you have multiple lights they talk to each other wirelessly. You only have to connect one light to your pc.

Also the pc program that you can customize yourself, can you set when and duration of a thunderstorm? No.

Can you set it for just pasing clouds? No

and how does this work with the mps? Can you set the mps to turn into a different mode while the thunderstorm is goin on, then when the storm passes itll go back to my original setting? I'm not sure. But i think so.

Also with the mps, do i have to hook the es controller up to computer by usb also? Or will it communicate with the radions and know when to power down for night mode, thunderstorms etc etc the mp's do not connect to your pc. They talk to other ecotech devices wirelessly.

Sorry for the questions, but i really want to know the possibilites that can be done with these vortech products. Im very interested in them and would love to hear some feed back by actual owners....

I hope this helps.

You might want to start a thread here
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=501
A lot of ecotech geeks hang out there.
You just plug in one light in to the PC all lights communicate with each other. As for thunder storms I've never messed with that setting. I do know the vortechs talk to the lights wirelessly and go into night mode when lights go out.
Vortechs do not use USB ports.
Vortechs will work with Neptune controllers if you buy the Neptune module.

I hope this helps.

any info helps, so i appreciate it. thanx......thats a shame, that you cant just have passing clouds. i thought that would have been cool feature along with the thunderstorm..but i def would have thought you would be able to set the timing of a possible thunderstorm, i understand not being able to adjust the intensity and duration of the storm. but cant program when you would like to have it occur, booooo....lol

any info helps, so i appreciate it. thanx......thats a shame, that you cant just have passing clouds. i thought that would have been cool feature along with the thunderstorm..but i def would have thought you would be able to set the timing of a possible thunderstorm, i understand not being able to adjust the intensity and duration of the storm. but cant program when you would like to have it occur, booooo....lol

Corals like sunny days

It's called EcoTech Participation in the EcoTech Live control panel. At this time, all it does is put your vortechs in Night Mode at the end of your light cycle. Nothing else...

If you want amazing control of your Vortechs, Neptune Apex Controller does a killer job. You can totally customize many different modes and time them as you wish independently.

It's called EcoTech Participation in the EcoTech Live control panel. At this time, all it does is put your vortechs in Night Mode at the end of your light cycle. Nothing else...

If you want amazing control of your Vortechs, Neptune Apex Controller does a killer job. You can totally customize many different modes and time them as you wish independently.

Are you talking about pumps or Radions?

Pumps... The Radions around moonlight hour put your Vortechs to sleep..

Last edited:
I am on the fence with getting radions. I want them to work with the Apex for TOD increase and decrease.

I also want the ability to control them in ONE spot not different programs.

It is an interface and as the current society, open source or closed source, there is always a way to interface different systems.

Back