Can I get a yellow tang now?

I think the way your tank is laid out with 2 sides it will help with aggression. It's better when everyone isn't always looking at everyone. I'd do what Hobbzz said and get one of each genus.

If you get a powder i'd 100% QT and treat them like they have ich because they probably do even if you can't see it.

Sweet! Holy smokes thats a ton of rock!! Lol it looks awesome though. Get some photos of your set up tomorrow if you can. Id love to see it.

Thanks! I was going for a reef cliff look but then I have the mid-center overflow which throws it off a little. I'm working on building the mixed reef. A few kinks but once some of the sps grows at the top I can increase lighting some because the lower light lovers will be shaded a little more.

Here are a few pics I took with my cell. Let me know if you want me to take a pic of anything in particular.

82e190139db2edf554dc27e200a1ecd9.jpg

e90a05630c53c6f9e36a86855ef74e07.jpg

717fd750a9452edbfd85b58860600956.jpg

Dude that looks fantastic!! I wish i could get my 210 to look like that lol. Ill post a pic of mine, maybe you can throw me a few pointers on rock work!!

4998d7ae0c0b3d8acc65db81d0cc2b1f.jpg

Any tips or advice is much appreciated. Im in the middle of modifying sump and facing off stand but id love to get my rock work alittle more similar to yours. Maybe i just need to buy more.. i have maybe alittle more than 200 lbs

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I appreciate the compliments! But by no means do I think I'm an expert. Some people love the rock walls and some hate them. There are a few things that I wish I did a little differently but nothing that has hurt me thus far. The only think that stinks is that if you have some kind of pest On your rock wall you can't just take it out and clean it or dry it out. You have to figure out another way. This is a pain but I also pretend that it will make me a better reefer in the long run cause I will have knowledge of what will and won't work. For instance I'm currently trying to get rid of some bubble algae on the rock wall. It has been fun : /

As for your rock work, I think you have a lot of good stuff going on. I notice some caves and good hiding spots. From what I have researched, fish will stay out in the open more the more comfortable they feel. So definitely beneficial. I'm also a huge fan of rock in general and believe that it is one of the best natural filtration there is. So for me the more the better as long as it doesn't combat good aesthetics and it provides room for the fish and coral. I'm also a fan of deep sand beds, but that makes for another discussion. Back to the rock.... My biggest thing was to use a mix of rock and create as much surface space with rock. So unlike some rock walls, the majority of mine s actually covered by rock and only attached to the egg crate with the foam etc. the more porous the rock the better of course. I think I have Marco, Pukani, base rock, Tonga branches, and some other kind in there. I cut it all in half with a wet saw and placed the flat side against the egg crate. I'm not sure how you have yours seated but I always worry about rocks falling if a large fish were to knock it and then creating an avalanche of some sort, pinning down a fish and losing coral. It's been an ongoing nightmare lol....

I also like that you have different height/levels going on and it looks to have good dimension. I always feel that a tank feels bigger when you bring rock forward towards the glass and the have different "sections" as you go back. That's one thing I kind of lack. Maybe you can diversify the types of rock you're using a little more?

Question! Can you list all of the fish you have in there? It looks like a good mix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! A reaquascape may be coming soon ;) as for my stock list i have a yellow, powder brown, atlantic blue, hippo, naso, and sailfin tang. 2 chromis, 2 blue damsels, 1 yellow tail blue damsel, 1 yellow damsel, 2 clownfish, 1 blenny, and 1 cleaner wrasse. (Thats it, i think). I may be adding a few more small fish like anthias and firefish. Id love to have an achilles and purple tang but i think im already overstocked on tangs :/

Given the dimensions of your tank, I would try to avoid any fish that are likely to approach a foot in captivity. So I wouldn't get a hippo, sailfin, or potentially the olivaceous. I think you would probably be ok with a yellow and a purple, but it's never 100%. Of the ones you mentioned, I would go with some sort of bristletooth tang (whichever you like best), yellow, purple, and then maybe a PBT. You would have pretty good variety in colors and nothing that would be likely to outgrow your tank.

Given the dimensions of your tank, I would try to avoid any fish that are likely to approach a foot in captivity. So I wouldn't get a hippo, sailfin, or potentially the olivaceous. I think you would probably be ok with a yellow and a purple, but it's never 100%. Of the ones you mentioned, I would go with some sort of bristletooth tang (whichever you like best), yellow, purple, and then maybe a PBT. You would have pretty good variety in colors and nothing that would be likely to outgrow your tank.

Yeah. I'm not 100% set on anything as of now and it seems that the more time I allow to pass I learn about some new fish that could be added to my list lol...

Here are the anthias that I added to the tank today. The yellow tang has totally paid no mind to them but they are getting some attention from the foxface. I'll think the aggression will die down as it is only when he is trying to pick off the rocks near where they are.

https://vimeo.com/168123590

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, looks great buddy! Im sure the slight aggression will die down. Do you plan on upgrading your tank in the future? Im playing with the idea of combining two 210s to create a 6x6 aquarium amounting to 630 gal in the next year or 2 to accomidate the tangs. Theres a fantastic diy video on YouTube for this ;)

Again, looks great buddy! Im sure the slight aggression will die down. Do you plan on upgrading your tank in the future? Im playing with the idea of combining two 210s to create a 6x6 aquarium amounting to 630 gal in the next year or 2 to accomidate the tangs. Theres a fantastic diy video on YouTube for this ;)

Not sure if I would be able to since it is built into my closet. If I could get the wife's blessing I would be happy to bust down more walls lol...

Send me that YouTube video. I would like to check it out.

I'd pass if I where you it sounds like a low quality specimen.

lol you're seeking my posts out now because I thought the tank you were trying to sell for $120 that needed new silicone and was broken was way too much. Funny thing is you think you were doing him a favor.

Back