Can I put 1 convict blenny in a reef or do I need a group of them in?

Have you seen them at full adult size? They're gorgeous fish, but a little different in appearance from the juveniles. Anyway, they can get fairly large and, at adult size, are capable of consuming smaller fish, as well as toppling some rockwork. Just a head's up.

But how long will it take them to get 12" or longer? I will only keep my reef setup until summer 2007 which is before I go to college and I'm not taking the reef with me.

I'll keep my comments to myself on the ethics of purchasing of living animals for "temporary" situations. Suffice it to say that they can get quite sizeable within the first year.

KDodds, please don't get the wrong inpression of me, but I adore fish. Really I do, but life's too short to pass this kind of thing up. I want to be a doctor and the next time after I finish high school that I might get to even consider keeping saltwater again is when I graduate from med school and have started my career, which might be in the year 2017 at the least.

I think that they ment-why are you getting fish, if its only for a year?

what are you going to do with them in a year?

LOL, long time without fish. But what's going to happen to the fish after 2007? Do you realize a reef tank takes about a year to mature? Maybe a fish only with a guaranteed home after 2007 might be a better option?

Back