Can ich makes holes in tail?

chocolates mom

I have been treating my Coral Beauty for ich. After a few days 3 small holes appeared on his tail and now the tail has a tear in it, no spots are present.

1 - Can ich cause the holes in the tail?
2 - Is it possible that the cleaner shrimp have made the holes in the tail turn into a tear?

Holes in the tail would not be considered a std sign of ich.

I have yet to see any shrimp (cleaner or otherwise) leave holes in a fish.

Hope this helps.

How are you treating the fish?
Secondary Bacterial infection often accompany ich. If treating with Copper, it may be a reaction to the copper itself
Cleaner Shrimp cannot handle either Hypo or copper ,soooooo I am a little confused on what it is you are doing

Only proven cures are Hypo and copper. The holes are being caused by the ich , possibly a secondary infection and I am afraid it will only get worse. If you really want to get rid of the ich, you need to remove the fish, place it in a qt and treat with either copper or Hypo...I prefer Hypo. In Hypo, you can also treat with an antibiotic to help the secondary infection

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6633966#post6633966 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chocolates mom
I am using No Sick FIsh ...
I have no clue whats in that product and doubt its effectiveness. I have read a number of threads which make is pretty obvious that the marketing tactics of this outfit leave alot to be desired -- if your interested in the nitty gritty go over to Calfo's old forum and look for threads discussing this product .. won't make you feel comfortable.

The three most effective methods for treating ich are copper, hypo, and the transfer method. If your ich infested fish has been in the St then you should assume that all fish within the ST are infected .. Qt and treat all fish. If you leave your ST without fish for 5-6 weeks the ich within the ST should die off naturally.

Hope this helps.

That's for your reponse Kevin. I guess I will have to wait and see if the spots return. Sorry but I'm new here how do I find Calfos old forum?

Back