Can you access AI Hydra HD from a web browser?

d0ughb0y

Do you need the phone app to control the AI Hydra HD or can you do it using any web browser?
If you can access/control it using a browser, is the url http or https? does it require a login?

I am thinking of getting a 26HD, but want to see first if I can control it from my own software.

Thanks.

also, you don't need to use any cloud stuff with the hydra hd right? the device accesses the light wifi directly or via your router correct?

Last edited:
I sort of found answers to some of my questions from the user manual and the youtube link. It looks like for accessing the light wifi directly, it is using http.

If say you are manually controlling each channel, does the light update in real time?

what I want to do is write a software to control the light by sending commands over the network. For hard wired lights, like kessil, you can control via 0-10v signal, so I want to do the same for AI light.

Yes, you can access it via web browser (Http, you can setup an optional password if you want.) I never used the mobile app. You can also set it up for cloud/external access by setting up a MyAI account, but it's optional. The light has auto and manual modes. Manual mode updates the light in real time as you adjust each channel and tells you the overall power output of the unit. Auto mode runs the light program you setup.

thanks for the info.

if you can do a quick test, on a chrome or firefox browser, enter ctrl-shift-I to open the developer pane at the bottom of the browser. Then click on the network tab. Then go to the AI page and manually control a channel. If you can see/read the network request response data, then I think I should be able to control the light from a custom software.

is the auto mode scheduling just for a 24 hour period?
does it allow you to switch to a different program automatically on a different day (say on weekends)?

does the clock automatically detect daylight saving time change? I think it should if it can connect to the internet.

thanks

Unfortunately, I don't have the lights anymore so I can't test the dev tools for you. Though, the auto schedule is just for a 24 hour period and I'm not aware of a way to switch programs automatically without creating a new one and saving it as current or editing the existing one. The light does use ntp and pulls time and dst settings from the Internet.

.... does anyone else have a problem with getting their lights to sync to the correct time?

I constantly change it in the app, and it’s always off. I will set it, check back in an hour and it’s 1-4 hours off from the correct time.

It’s driving me nuts. Am I the only one having this issue?

.... does anyone else have a problem with getting their lights to sync to the correct time?

I constantly change it in the app, and it’s always off. I will set it, check back in an hour and it’s 1-4 hours off from the correct time.

It’s driving me nuts. Am I the only one having this issue?

Set up a account with AI then setup the cloud and you will be all set. Mine did the same until I set up the cloud. Very frustrating to say the least...:headwallblue:

Back