Canon or Nikon

newhere

What camera is better? The Nikon D80 or the Canon D30. I have the D30 but after messing with the D80 it seems to take better pics.

I know it's the lens. The Canon pics seem to need more adjustments in photoshop.
Have to say I totally disagree with the second statement but the lens does make a big difference. But for aquarium photography you're basically comparing two macro lenses and they are both excellent with neither one having a significant edge over the other, optically speaking. The Nikon has image stabilization but ins't internally focusing, and it costs a lot more than the Canon (which does focus internally). Regardless, Village is right- they are both great cameras. If you'd like I can look them over and point out the minor differences but you could see for yourself by going to www.dpreview and selecting buying guide>>side by side, then select the two models and compare specs.
Greg

Thanks for the replies. When I was using the Nikon D80 the pics seem to have less dark spots in the pic than my Canon 30D. When you compare them the Nikon has a higher resolution and more pixels than the Canon. The Nikon also has a better Exposure compensation. The Canon has a faster shutter but I have never found a use for the 1/8000 shutter speed. The Canon will also shot more RAW pics in a row than the Nikon. So for an all around camera what is the best between them? I will be getting the books that Blazer88 suggested in the other post. Thanks again for any info.

i have the newer nikon 105mm 2.8 macro and it does internaly focus but i dont think the old one did.im also using a nikon d80 and i like it a lot more than the canon i had before due to some options and ease of use.

I maintain my original stance regarding the Canon VS Nikon debate: Different only in color. The dark side VS the white side, which you pick is up to you, however the key is to pick fast and get shooting. No point pondering the greater meaning of the color scheming and not shooting :)

FYI: Canon's characteristic white coloring on the L series lenses was originally designed to reflect sun light and help keep the lenses cool because the FD element used to be fairly fragile and sensitive to heat. Today it still keep the lens cool, but the elements are more refined.

Canon man here ,and love my Canons, used to shoot film with Nikons but when I went digital I choose Canon reason being just my opinion I think Canon offers more Lenses. They are both great cameras the big two as I like to refer to them.

ahuxman58 - I wouldn't have guessed that with all that equipment you have lol. When I was playing with the Nikon D80 it seemed that the pictures had less dark areas in the picture. I have been using my Canon 30D for over a year so I am not new to the camera.

Back