Capturing Slugs

Mugglenut88

I put around 15 slugs (Berghia Verrucicornis) into my 120 gallon reef tank. I've only seen them a few times since during the time when the lights are off. But I was wondering, is there any specific way that you could get the slugs out of the tank again?

I want to try and get them out and maybe Breed them. Just another branch to the hobby I suppose. Seems relatively easy. Only trouble im looking at now is trying to get them to come out of the rocks again. Any tips?

Look for whorls of eggs on the glass. If you get lucky and find one on the glass, you can remove it with a razor and then culture the lavae. Often when people release adults into their reef tank they never see them again after a little while.

Good luck!! I have some in a 2-1/2 gallon tank with two small pieces of rock, and I sometimes can't find them!

I even lifted the pieces out once and I really thought they were gone forever until later when they were cruising around...

I am waiting for a big one to pop out of there right now, to mate with a wild one from the keys I just got!!

Breeding them isn't as easy as it sounds..:)

Do you have any aptasias left in your big tank, and some setup in your breeding rig?They eat a LOT, and will starve in about 6 days with no food.

Oh no worries about the amount of Aiptasia lol Theres plenty. Now I just need to catch those slippery buggers and we'll be good ha

Back