Caribbean Blues and lighting

Stanton

I have 14 polyps that came on a Florida ric frag..Not sure if they are Caribbean or not. They were under 14k MH when I bought them and just arrived that day. They have gone from a darker blue to a grey color under my lighting and I'm not sure where they should be placed. I have them 3"under the surface my 420 watts vho and in pretty high current as reccomend by someone here on another thread. I have 2 atinic whites and 1 blue. Do I need to change the bulb configuration to get the colors?

With flash

33994blues.JPG

Without flash
33994blue_no_flash.JPG

I have some blues that I personally brought from the Caribbean. I keep them in the upper 1/3 of my 135g which is illuminated by (4) 250w 14k Coralvues.

I have always found that the carib blues DO NOT like light at all. If it were me, I'd keep them low.

My carribean blues love light and strong flow. My colony is less than 12 inches from 150 watt 14k metal halides and thriving. 3" may be a little too close.

Did you bring them into the US from the Caribbean??? I'm headed to Aruba again soon and was wondering if I could bring some back with me. Maybe something I haven't seen here.

Thanks

Back