Caribbean macros

Cody Ray

Just thought I would post a list of Caribbean macros in case anyone was interested:

Udotea flabelliforme, U. cyathiformis, Penicillus capitatus, P. dumetosus, Halimeda incrassata, H. discoidea, Rhipocephalus phoenix, Avrainvillea nigricans, Cymopolia barbata, Dasycladus vermicularis, and Acetabularia crenulata.

Does anyone know of a good place to find these particular macros?

Last edited:
Yeah, most of the mentioned macros will not go sexual in your aquarium if you wanted to add them as decor. My aquarium has a caribbean theme to it, so it is very important to me that I get the native stuff, I hate being inacurate.

Didn't you mean inaccurate? :p

Although I'd like to see your theme 'tank'. Do you have any pictures? I'm in a process of planning a tank, and will be doing a biotop aquarium (just like discus people have, or malawi...).

Alright, alright, so I failed English, give a guy a break!!! (Im just messin, I got a B+ :D). Right now it is in its begining stage. I have a pair of Blue Chromis and a Sea Stalk Briareum or also known as a Corky sea finger. Tomorrow I am going to pick up 3 Peppermint shrimp, a couple Astraea snails, and hopfully a Flower Anemone.

In 2 weeks I am heading down to the "Good" fish store (called this because they have a better variety) and getting a Royal Gramma.

I have also been talking to gregt, and he will hopfully be selling me a couple different gorgonian species, some Flower Anemones, and some Ricordia.

My goal is that by this weekend I will have some shots taken, but first I have to barrow my aunt's digital camera.

Back