Cayman Islands suggestions

Raoul5Duke

After a 25 year hiatus, I am taking an extended tune up class next month and hope to do some diving while on vacation in the Cayman Islands this July. We are staying on the Northwest portion of the island north of Seven Mile Beach, up near Boggy Sand Road. I was looking for some suggestions on diving outfits and dive guides since I am essentially starting over as a newbie since its been so long. Any suggestions are welcome. I stopped by DiveTech Ltd. when we were there 2 years ago to purchase a new mask for snorkeling and it seemed like a nice outfit.

I went there 2 years ago and used Red Sail Sports as we were staying at the Westin on 7 mile and they had a shop there. Nice people and took us to good dive sites, but I'm sure there are some other shops not affiliated with hotels that would be good. Make sure you dive the USS Kittiwake wreck. You have to pay an extra fee as it is a marine park but still worth it. It was mainly a submarine rescue ship but was known for recovering the black boxes after the Challenger disaster.

+1 on Red Sail Sports, but they may be too far from where you are staying. Be sure to dive the North Wall; the topography and reefs are amazing on that side. The West Wall is OK, but not as dramatic as the North.

I used Indigo divers. Fantastic. Very personalized as they only take out 4-5 divers. Depending on time of year will go out to either west, south or north dive sites

Back