chaeto in Lincoln?

nebraskareef

MFCEO
Premium Member
I want to throw a bit in my temp display I'm running till I set up the new 180. Anyone that doesn't have any disease have any to share?

Jon,

PM me your number/address/time thats good - again, I got a new phone and lost what I had.

Chris, Thanks for your offer, if something happens with Jon I'll be in touch!

Daniel

Not to hijack, and don't throw stones at me if this a stupid question, but what disease does chaeto possibly have and what does it look like?

The Chaeto itself doesn't have a disease, but if there is disease or "unwanteds" in the tank, they can come in off of the algae. Anything wet can be used to transfer the pest/disease from tank to tank.

Is this visibly noticeable, do you quarantine chaeto? or just make sure the persons tank you are receiving the chaeto from is not in a state of distress? I have only gotten chaeto a few times when something happened to mine but had not put any real consideration into it.

If you were worried you could always give it a good rinsing on your waste water from a water change before adding it to your tank.

Re: chaeto in Lincoln?

Not a dumb question at all, I would think one of the biggest problem or pest things that could transfer would be flatworms.

Not a dumb question at all, I would think one of the biggest problem or pest things that could transfer would be flatworms.

Brad, you are absolutely right. Luckily most flatworms are not harmful and won't survive for long if conditions are kept in line. A wrasse or two doesn't hurt either.

Truth be told, you should QT ANYTHING that is going into the tank, but I just put the algae in the tank directly. Shame on me.

Thanks again Jon, I'm sorry I had to jet so fast!

Back