Fallow period

Kirino

So I went fishless since December last year in my first tank. Should be around a 100 days. Surely everything parasite like is dead now? My new main display has been running for at least 5 months. I'm thinking of moving over the 1 cleaner shrimp I have left in the 'old' tank and a couple of soft corals to see if they can make it in the new tank. What do you guys think?

Once I've moved over most corals to the display tank, I'm planning to move everything in the old tank that's left into a new, better tank that will serve as my quarantine tank for new corals and invertebrates. Maybe a bit overkill, but I was thinking to quarantine everything I buy (besides fish) in there for 3 months. (Fish will go through their own medicated quarantine in another room.) What do you think?

I really want to buy a cleanup crew next, and maybe a few new corals. Kinda getting excited, so just checking in so I don't forget something important because of it.

Thx for the link. To my knowledge there wasn't uronema on any of the fish. So I guess I'm hoping there isn't any. The fish that came from this tank at least are still fine after 5 months. From what I'm reading it's almost impossible to get rid of it anyway, besides killing everything with bleach. What do you think, seems a bit overkill to do H2O2 for 30 days in the 'old' tank with no symptoms on the fish?

Thx for the link. To my knowledge there wasn't uronema on any of the fish. So I guess I'm hoping there isn't any. The fish that came from this tank at least are still fine after 5 months. From what I'm reading it's almost impossible to get rid of it anyway, besides killing everything with bleach. What do you think, seems a bit overkill to do H2O2 for 30 days in the 'old' tank with no symptoms on the fish?
You could get an eDNA test to be sure that the tank is 100% pathogen free: Introducing the tankDNA Test

The problem is the lead time for that can be a month or more. :rolleyes:

We've had some success eliminating Uronema from a DT by dosing H2O2 or more recently metro: Experiment Journal: Dosing Metronidazole to Eliminate Uronema in Mixed Reef DT

Back