Changing the World?

T Diddy

Happy to be here
Hey guys,

I came across this company several years ago that uses thermal depolymerization to convert carbon based waste products into very much need fuels/fertilizers. I thought the crowd at responsible reefkeeping might like to hear about it. Thermal depolymerization is the process by which organic materials such as plants, plankton, dinosaurs, humans, etc. are converted into crude oil and natural gas over millenia. Intense pressure and heat are used to liquefy the waste products into a slurry. This slurry can then be separated into different components by fractional distillation. What you end up with are hydrocarbons (oil), water, and minerals (fertilizer). The oil can be further refined to give deisel, gasoline, and methane. This is without a doubt the coolest thing I have ever come across, and hope that it will one day be common place.

It all started with turkey afful ( the stuff that isn't consumed) from processing plants. Any carbon based waste is ideal though...tires, computers, agricultural waste, plastics, grass clippings, you name it. Landfills could be a thing of the past. I'd love to hear what the folks on this forum have to say about this...

http://www.changingworldtech.com/index.asp

Back