Cheapest controller?

fscmocsaj

What is the cheapest controller that I can get that will dim my Par 38 bulbs and control my powerheads. That's basically all I need.

cheapest is RKL ... it wont dim LEDs though.

your best bet is Apex, with the LED module and wireless for vortech pumps.

Apex Jr is the cheapest best and you can add modules from there if you want to do more in the future.

Thanks Jimbob. I'm literally just looking for something under $100 that will dim my lights and at the same time control my pumps. Is there anything like this?

those are not controllable.

unless you have the "controllable version" which comes with a controller.

i dont know about dimming the par bulbs i have only used the 3 watt star bulbs.
what kind of pump ac/dc current. ?
ac can just be turned on off and its hard on the pump, dc you can control the rpm and direction

It says they can be used with a controller or wavemaker.

then you have Controllable ones.

RKL = Reef keeper lite, for 99 bucks, can control those.

it wont dim LEDs though. you can make a potentiometer for it yourself ... look up voltage divider with a potentiometer.

Yeah, there are differences here you need to specify. I am not aware how PAR38 bulbs can be dimmed. If they are like other LEDs, you need either analog or digital (PWM) dimming signals. Likewise, normally when powerheads like the koralia say they can be used with a controller or wavemaker it is saying they can be used on switching AC outlets, meaning they can be controlled in two states: on and off. In some other cases, analog/digital signals are also sent to control the pumps.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm looking for multiple stage lighting and temp control. I don't trust my heaters anymore. The thermostat on one of them just froze open so luckaly it was stuck off not on.

Back