Cheapest salt in Sac?

I'm slowly switching over to a 50/50 IO & Oceanic mix. CA Alk and Mag balance out nicely between the two and both are easy to find locally. I've been using Seachem reef, but had some issues with some batches mixing cloudy, and had my last bucket come up very low on mag (500).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14201051#post14201051 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
DDH20cean has good numbers, so does Coralife.

Oceanic is a little high on Calcium and Mag IMO.

I use Reef Crystals.

WHere did you get your numbers? RS Coral Pro tests 480 Calcium @ 1.025SG and 450 Calcium @ 1.023SG and ALK is normally at about 9. I usually just add MG (powder form) to raise the MG which is still the cheaper than mixing 2 brands of salt or even buying H2Ocean.

I would also agree that H2Ocean is great salt and will be switching to it someday, but for $70 a bucket, I will continue to save $$ doing what I am currently doing.

Interesting.
I was using Oceanic salt and never got nowhere near those numbers with a tank that has a few softies and zoa's.

I remember a while back there was a thread about the inconsistency of the oceanic...this was about two years ago thoug..

Back