Chiller???

smm607

In Memoriam
So, reading some threads and looking outside i am realising i may want to start thinking about a chiller for my tank... I know it's going to be a huge hit to the pocket and elsewhere when my girlfriend finds out, but i am pretty sure it's a must even with air conditioning.... Anyone have any input or if by chance they are looking to get rid of there old chiller for a new one, i'm your man as long as it's reasonabely priced and will be adequate for a 90 sps tank...Th r reading and any input you might have

I've personally found with adequate ventilation and a room temp of 74 or less via A/C that I don't have trouble with chilling my 65g tank. Having a sump really helps a lot, giving you more place to put fans if you want ;)

I have 2x175w MH lights and 2x96w actinics and I don't have a chiller on my 55 or a/c in the house. Last summer the tank never got above 81. I have two small fans that are clipped on to a railing behind my tank. Each one is positioned to blow in between the water and the MH.

So will just positioning fans on each side of my tank take away that much heat to make a difference during the summer days?

I had 2-250 watt MH over a 72 bowfront with two small fans blowing between each bulb and the water and another one blowing across my sump. that maintained my temp right around 78.

I have two 250's over a 65 and a chiller was in order. Not terribly expensive but noticeable My 125 has three 175's over it and this summer I plan to add more fans...... heres hoping

chillers

chillers

I sold my chiller.
Unless you own your dwelling I wouldn't consider one.
If you have AC I'd probably rule it out, too.....

there are some good older threads on this topic in our forum.

Back