Chinese LED lightning...

Not really, you will want Cree LEDs for Sps. So basically that means nothing Chinese made. Look into a RapidLED build for your nano

What I like about it
- it has more blues than whites (though I would prefer a 2 to 1 ratio instead of the 1.5 to 1 that this light has, but I think that ratio will be fine)
- I can't really tell, but since it lists a remote, I'm assuming it's programmable? I like that too. I have a manually dimmable one and that is pointless.

What I don't like
- I like to actually see the layout of the bulbs but there is no pic of that
- I would like a few more bulbs. There's only 35; most have 55, but as it's going on a nano that probably doesn't matter
- And I would like to know FOR SURE if it's programmable, instead of just assuming due to the remote.
- it also doesn't list any optics so the light is going to spread outward more than downward to where you need it most.

Otherwise, I think it's a fine light for your nano. I don't see the big issue with the Chinese lights. I have one; many people have them; and for all of us that use them you only hear a handful of bad experiences with them relative to the plethora of them flooding the market.

Not a big fan of the Chinese lights. While the initial cost may be low good luck getting any support from them if something goes wrong. I had a set of Chinese lights over my tank and within six months one of them started acting up. Tried to get the parts sent, but they were only interested in selling me new lights. Ended up replacing all my lights with AI Vega's and could not be happier. Good luck.

Not a big fan of the Chinese lights. While the initial cost may be low good luck getting any support from them if something goes wrong. I had a set of Chinese lights over my tank and within six months one of them started acting up. Tried to get the parts sent, but they were only interested in selling me new lights. Ended up replacing all my lights with AI Vega's and could not be happier. Good luck.

This would be the biggest reason in my book.. if i spend money i want to have a company that will respond to my technical problems should they occur..
In this economy i'm worried more and more about customer service and what i can do when things go wrong, things always go wrong.. who's gonna fix or replace it?

I dont have any experience so I hope I will not find out the hard way. They do provide a 2 year warranty. Anyhow I changed my mind and I think will go for this one. It looks to be of better quality and the design is defo much nicer.

I have 3 of the evergrow d120s (reef breeder value fixtures) for 5 almost 6 months. I moved them from my 125 to my 30" deep 220 gallon tank. I keep sps on the sand with excellent growth and color. I have my blue set on 65% and my whites on 35%. They have bridgelux LEDs. I get excellent performance and a 3 year warranty. Reef breeders handles all their own warranty claims right here in the USA. These is a forum here some where where some one compare a it2080 to a radion pro and they have very very similar par ratings at all depths.

I have 3 of the evergrow d120s (reef breeder value fixtures) for 5 almost 6 months. I moved them from my 125 to my 30" deep 220 gallon tank. I keep sps on the sand with excellent growth and color. I have my blue set on 65% and my whites on 35%. They have bridgelux LEDs. I get excellent performance and a 3 year warranty. Reef breeders handles all their own warranty claims right here in the USA. These is a forum here some where where some one compare a it2080 to a radion pro and they have very very similar par ratings at all depths.

the one I want to buy uses bridgelux/cree LED. I might have a nano but I would love to grow some SPS :)

Back