Christian's 45 gallon SPS Wonderland

You guys are always welcome your family is always great host.
As for the Chalice addiction I cant take total blame for that you need to blame John @ YOUR REEF for having all the chalice eye candy in the 600.

Thats who I blame when I look into the 600 I dont look down at the bottom because of all the chalices LoL.

I have champagne taste on a beer budget always have.

You guys are always welcome your family is always great host.
As for the Chalice addiction I cant take total blame for that you need to blame John @ YOUR REEF for having all the chalice eye candy in the 600.

Thats who I blame when I look into the 600 I dont look down at the bottom because of all the chalices LoL.

I have champagne taste on a beer budget always have.

lol.. Yeah, having Your Reef 10 minutes from work and home makes a problem. It's like having a crack house walking distance to a crack head..haha

Dude, I went to the MARS Auction last Friday with Steve Tyree. John auctioned off a Vivid Pink Echino for $75, Bazooka Joe for $60, and the one I was looking was YR Hypnosis that I went on a bidding war with Brian Prestwood. I didn't know it was a cash only auction, so I was tapped out at $150 and Brian got it for $160!!

Tyree also took a frag of it to add to his LE collection.. Your son's Hypnosis's is going to be one of the originals.. Tell Paul that I'll buy a frag from him and his Dad will spend it at John's place, so that he still could keep his promise:)

lol.. Yeah, having Your Reef 10 minutes from work and home makes a problem. It's like having a crack house walking distance to a crack head..haha

Dude, I went to the MARS Auction last Friday with Steve Tyree. John auctioned off a Vivid Pink Echino for $75, Bazooka Joe for $60, and the one I was looking was YR Hypnosis that I went on a bidding war with Brian Prestwood. I didn't know it was a cash only auction, so I was tapped out at $150 and Brian got it for $160!!

Tyree also took a frag of it to add to his LE collection.. Your son's Hypnosis's is going to be one of the originals.. Tell Paul that I'll buy a frag from him and his Dad will spend it at John's place, so that he still could keep his promise:)

I got to talk with Steve a little Friday befor the auction nice guy.
I wish he could of did alot better with the prices of the pieces he sold he came a long way to do this.
My sons colony aint big enough yet to frag its only about a silver dollar size.

Im sure he can work something out between the 3 of you.

I got to talk with Steve a little Friday befor the auction nice guy.
I wish he could of did alot better with the prices of the pieces he sold he came a long way to do this.
My sons colony aint big enough yet to frag its only about a silver dollar size.

Im sure he can work something out between the 3 of you.

Yeah, there were quite a few pieces Steve brought that didn't meet the reserve, so they weren't sold. One was a frag of the Tyree Space Invaders Chalice that wouldn't go past $75, but no one really knew what that piece was. Had to google it on my phone and by the time I saw it they unsold the piece. At least some reefers were able to pickup some nice pieces for a fraction of the normal prices. I'll definitely go next year and bring Christian who has all of the money:)

We'll be patiently waiting for a frag of the Hypnosis, but no rush:)

Thanks j johnson..

I wasn't able to read Christian the posts when I got home yesterday, but I'll be sure to read it to him tonight. He was busy playing Transformers Revenge of the Fallen on PS3.. :)

So we bought 5 emerald crabs during the tank cycle to take care of some of the hair algae that popped up. They did a great job getting rid of the algae, but now I've seen a few eating pieces of some of my acros. One in particular is the Ice Fire Enchinata, which is a pretty nice piece. It was literally breaking the tips off and eating them. Have you guys experiences acro eating EC's and large hermits?

How should I catch these guys? Maybe put a container with a silverside in there and collect them that way?

Thanks in advance.

So we bought 5 emerald crabs during the tank cycle to take care of some of the hair algae that popped up. They did a great job getting rid of the algae, but now I've seen a few eating pieces of some of my acros. One in particular is the Ice Fire Enchinata, which is a pretty nice piece. It was literally breaking the tips off and eating them. Have you guys experiences acro eating EC's and large hermits?

How should I catch these guys? Maybe put a container with a silverside in there and collect them that way?

Thanks in advance.

I have at least 12 in my tank I have never had any problems with them thats strange.

Use a 1 liter platic coke bottle.
If your in the area I can make one for you...... I had one but threw it away.

Cool, I should be able to make one. Yeah, it's weird but there are two that have been just munching on the some of the coral. Not sure if it's algae that they're going after, but there's definitely some tissue that's being pulled from it. I'm trying to feed them more, so they don't develop a taste for coral.

Thanks in advance.
Yep seen it many many times. I got one to help with bubble algae and it went straight to my superman monti.

I love the tank! I would post a picture of my 10 year old softy tank but I can't see through the algae on the glass.

Yep seen it many many times. I got one to help with bubble algae and it went straight to my superman monti.

Yeah, noticed my little colony of ORA Chips acro looked a little beat up yesterday possibly from a EC and decided to move it. Being all thumbs and trying to remount on a frag plug I dropped the colony and it shattered into several little pieces:( Emerald Crabs and having 10 thumbs isn't a good combination..lol Hope the coral recovers..

I love the tank! I would post a picture of my 10 year old softy tank but I can't see through the algae on the glass.

We need more algae so the EC's will leave the corals alone... Nice thing about softees is that they can live in high nutrient water:) For some reasons a lot of zoas don't like our tank:(

Nice looking tank and I like those magnetic frag plugs. Personaly I would get the emerald crabs out, I have one in my 60 and it's eating corals as well due to low algae. I have been trying to get it out because it has almost killed one frag and is starting on a second. I hadn't heard of this happening before either.

Nice looking tank and I like those magnetic frag plugs. Personaly I would get the emerald crabs out, I have one in my 60 and it's eating corals as well due to low algae. I have been trying to get it out because it has almost killed one frag and is starting on a second. I hadn't heard of this happening before either.

Your lucky you only have one to catch. We still have 5 of the little buggers, but haven't gotten around to start catching them. I just drop a few little pieces of silverside in there for them to munch on in the mean time. Unfortunately, the Chips rtn'd by the time I got home today. I think it was due to stress from the EC and it didn't help with me dropping it and shattering it into several little pieces. I hate losing corals.... Can't wait till Christian could do the maintainence:)

Back