cirolanid isopod help

nathan1986

I believe i have cirolanid isopods in my 120. I added some rock and seen a huge isopod with big black eyes dart off the rock and into my tank. Contacted the source of my rock and he told me what they were. I tried trapping with no luck. Now as of reciently in the mornings my fish will have a single white bite mark either on a fin or on the body (not ich). Im going to get a red light flash light to try to find one attached to my fish but im pretty certain thays whats biting my fish at night. Has anyone delt with these isopods before? I dont have a seperate tank to put my fish in so my only option is to trap these isopds. I wish i never added the rock but i did and now my prized fish are taking the toll from my decision. Looking for all and any suggestions/help. Thanks, nathan

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I did but it was attached to a shrimp. I was actually able to catch the shrimp and removed. It was amazing how fast the shrimp grew after removal. As far as your particular isopod issue, I would invest in a separate qt. To help solve future issues as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did but it was attached to a shrimp. I was actually able to catch the shrimp and removed. It was amazing how fast the shrimp grew after removal. As far as your particular isopod issue, I would invest in a separate qt. To help solve future issues as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Purchasing a seperate qt would be ideal. But getting a qt that would be big enough to not stress my fish would have to be atleast 120g tank. Cramming them in a small tank for a few weeks would just stress them even more. Id love to have a qt tank tho, just dont have the room for one. Found a good write up on a bottle trick to catch them using a rotting shrimp inside the bottle. Im going to try that tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Back