Cirrhilabrus roseafascia

zens

Premium Member
just purchased a Cirrhilabrus roseafascia from live aquaria. anyone have one of these?

It is a very nice fish with deeper pink and yellow with a reddish pink band.

Here is a 16cm long male with a very longer tail, the largest I ever saw in the aquarium trade in Japan.

This male does well in the tank. It will reach 20 cm, the largest species in the genus, and was videotaped from a submersible in Fiji and Samoa, at the depths of well over 100 meters.

Mine was collected and shipped from Cebu, but it is a deepwater species of at least 40-50 meters.

12256416cm.jpg

H. Tanaka, do these develop more color and lose the 'boxes' in their stripe as they grow?

thanks,
joe

No. The same coloration is expected after its growth. Fins will become yellow when it displays or is in caution.

looking forward to getting this fish. should be here on tuesday. i'll post a pic from qt.

This is the one I got.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:0qtbYQvssqcJ:www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm%3Fddid%3D10004%26siteid%3D20+roseafascia&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

I was going by your description as well. :D
Should be in a qt tank in less then 12 hours. Can't wait

Hello. I was hoping you could answer a question about Cirrhilabrus Roseafascia for me. I have seen your other posts stating that these can be very aggressive. Is this just towards other wrasses, or all fish? I have a 60 gallon tank with only a firefish, starry blenny, and yellow watchman goby right now.

I have the chance to pick up two juvenile Cirrhilabrus Roseafascia from my LFS tomorrow. I was hoping to make these the stars of my tank since nobody can seem to get Vanuatu Exquisites anymore.

Can you give your advice please?

i Have my two ( females ) in with a leopard wrasse, red margin, rosy scales, yellow coris, labouti and radiant without any problems. Zero aggression from the roseafascia and anyone else.

I have a pair. The male can be aggressive to other female wrasse when he's displaying. He chases them away but thats as far as it goes.

IMO, just as nice as the flame wrasse. Truly stunning colouration and definately make a centerpiece fish in any tank.

Back