Clams in Florida?

albertj2

Are there any stores in Broward or Dade County where I could buy a clam? Although I am far from ready to purchase, I would like to find a store with some knowledge and livestock.

Coral Sea's at the SE corner of 441 and Prospect Rd has some nice ones. Great shop and really nice owners.

etropicals.com is in Miami.
They have clams, and they allow pickups at certain times. If you're interested, send them an email or call.

-JB

I just bought a 5 inch Derasa Clam from Aquatic World in Stuart, and he had some real nice Maximas for aroung $50. The store is owned by a Marine Biologist, and he also has some real nice corals.

Try eTropicals...You just can't go wrong with Jack and his employees, they're great people. I'm strictly buying from them. Very nice quality and very nice prices as well.

Frank

Hey Sicklid I go up to Aquatic World all the time, I have seen that Desera you got it's pretty nice, I bought one of those baby Maximas he had. Do you go up there alot ?

Hey jtjimbo,
It's a small world. I usually go there once a week. I drive from Port St. Lucie. I think that the fact that Paul uses seawater in all of his tanks helps to explain why everything always looks so happy. Paul has some really nice Maximas right now. I also bought a Frogspawn, a nice Colt , a Sea Fan, and other assorted corals from him. What do you think about Aquatic Life? They seem to be a little higher on price, but they sure do alot of business.

Sicklid, yea Aquatic Life is pretty pricey they don't have much of a coral selection and they are almost all at least 50 bucks. Have you been down to Oceans Below in North Palm Beach off of Northlake Blvd? I sometimes go there on Fridays they have some real nice tanks there.

Hey jtjimbo,
I have not been to Oceans Below, but thanks for the info. I will check them out. By the way, are there any reef clubs in the area? I can't seem to locate any other than further down towards Miami or up in Orlando. It would be fun to meet maybe once a week to discuss our tanks.

No Sicklid, I don't know of any clubs around here. Do you have a LFS in PSL or are they all in Fort Pierce?

Hey there you go...we can start a club!! Maybe if we took turns meeting at each members house so we could see their tanks.:D I bet we could get a large group of interested reefers together maybe once a month. I do all of my shopping at the two lfs in Stuart.

That would be cool Sick do you know any other reefers around here? I don't. Maybe Paul at Aquatic World would let us put some flyers or something at his store to try and get some people together.

Hey jt,
Most of the reefers that I know actually work in the local stores. Who knows, with as many customers as these places have, I bet with a little promotional advertising, I bet we could get a decent sized club together. I also have a boat if you ever want to go look at some of the local reefs. My wife never wants to go, and I can't handle the boat alone. Just let me know. There are alot of French Angels, Triggers, Eels, and an assortment of corals in the local waters even though we can't take any.

hey guys,small world.i live in stuart also and would be interested in a m.a.s. am also a diver and collect alot of my own stuff.i also agree that paul is a little pricey,its too bad that rich closed down donovan's reef :( . repost if serious about m.a.s.

Cool Rick yea when I first setup my tank I used to go to Donovans Reef. I wish they could of opened up another store at a different location. I would definately like to meet up with you guys and maybe do some trading or something. I have a beautiful colt that just fragged itself and I have some pink pom pom xenia that I am fragging.

Another vote....

Another vote....

For Etropicals....I just got my squamy from them. They always have good stuff.

Back