clean up crews

laserjim

Another Day In Paradise
How many of you use large cleanup crews. Found a place with good prices. this is what they are recommending for my 265. Thoughts ?

247 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

65 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

105 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

93 Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

I did something like that a year ago ...the nassarius snails are awesome and hardy you never see them until they smell food in the water or at night.....the nerites and the ceriths not to sure on them the ceriths are pretty much gone, the nerites however are still here not all but some they eat the algae on the glass at night but be warned if they fall off the glass they can not flip themselves over again so they will die unless you can help them, kind of annoying..... Same with standard turbos ...... I would in fact recommend trouches snails those can flip themselves back over when they have fallen make sure they are the purple and white banded with the black foot or body....those move really fast and get the job done...Scarlett leg vs blue leg crabs I can deffinetly still see the reds vs the blues still alive the reds are alive and kicking the blues are cheaper but you get what you pay for they are pretty much extinct.... Serpent or brittle stars are great and still alive but not sure if they had killed my diamond goby .....and I have a pair of coral banded shrimp that I never see except for when the lights go out and they scavenge for what ever they can find, infact last night I witnessed one grab a small brittle star and rip it into peices and eat it leg by leg...

I can't remember the number of each item I got but those number seem similar. I am running a 220.

Best local place for cuc is aquatic visions they give discounts when u buy those kinds of numbers if u buy all at one u should be able to get about 50% off what her normal retail prices r.

Roger

Trochus snails are not on that list and ceriths just seem to litter the glass. Nassarius, Trochus and Hermits are all I use with a few Emeralds.
Trochus are by far the best snail above the sand in my opinion.

Quality Goldfish is where I buy my clean up crew, much cheaper I've found. Located in Clearwater

It is a wholesale supplier. Store owners in the area are going to throw a fit knowing they are selling wholesale to hobbyists.

Totally not faulting you for going of course.

I like variety so I'd cut those numbers in half and sub in different cleaners to replace the rest. Trochus to replace half the Nerites for example. Also with a tank that size you have the freedom to use bigger cleaners like fuzzy chitons, Fighting conch, brittle/serpent stars, tropical abalone, and tiger tail cukes to name a few.

How many of you use large cleanup crews. Found a place with good prices. this is what they are recommending for my 265. Thoughts ?

247 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

65 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

105 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

93 Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

ReefCleaners is hands down one of the best places for a CUC. You will ALWAYS get more than you pay for.

I'm doing it through a retailer, with an arrangement as I know many others do with both QG and Seagress. I'm shocked you guys think this is a big deal but understand your points.

Back