cleaner shrimp shedding skin, normal?

sinful

just woke up and noticed my cleaner shrimp shed his skin. He seems fine and all water parameters seem good. Is this something I should look into or is this normal?

Its called molting and is very normal. They will do this as they grow as often as once every 3 weeks. You will also notice they will hide for a few days until they harden up again so don't worry about that.

can be a normal sign of growing; however, if you are adding an excessive amount of idione, you can cause undue molting.

So me n my friend bought our cleaners together, she messaged me yesterday telling me she freaked out cuz she thought for a sec her shrimpy died, but no it just molted, so shes like i did my research n its normal, i thought it was soo weird as i never heard of it, funny thing is the same night mine did the same thing...so no worries, its normal :)

Like everybody else said normal. It can be a shock though as they shed their whole carapace, antennae and all.

+1

my guess is to increase post count :)

Thats my guess too - probably trying to look legit to the mods so they can post crap for sale.

When you see something like this - report the post to the mods with that little red triangle on the left hand side of the post.

Always a chance this post came up on a Google search and they didn't notice the time stamps either

That was my guess as well. Doubt someone would look up an archive post to get their count up, there's much easier ways...lol....it's sad that we automatically assume the worst in people. But thats none of my business ;)

Back