Cleaning Tools

Dustin07

What are your go to cleaning tools for the tank? I've seen many varieties of scrapers but so far my best luck is actually with an old cancelled credit card. I typically scrape the whole of the glass, the follow up with a sponge. l

just wondering what else y'all are using for cleaning purposes within the tank.

I use a magfloat magnet for daily (almost) cleaning. Once a week or so, I use a razor blade to remove coralline algae and more difficult to remove build up. I can usually get about a month's use out of the razor blade before it starts rusting.

I use a razor blade to remove

sorta silly question, but do you just use a regular razor blade like this, and bare hand it? I'm going to have to move to a razor blade and want to give the tank a really good scrubbin' this week since I travel on Thursday for a few days.

I was just wondering if you simply hold a blade like this or if you have some sort of handle that you have found works well

1715609239187.png

You can hold one in your hand. I use a wider scraper from the paint section of Home Depot. It's all plastic except the blade.
Mr Clean magic eraser scrubbers. I use the sheets mostly.
Magnetic tank scrapers.

They all have their uses.

sorta silly question, but do you just use a regular razor blade like this, and bare hand it? I'm going to have to move to a razor blade and want to give the tank a really good scrubbin' this week since I travel on Thursday for a few days.

I was just wondering if you simply hold a blade like this or if you have some sort of handle that you have found works well

View attachment 32401326
Yep, just use a blade like that and free hand it.

Cheap cpvc cut with a hackaaw and super big outside magnet to suck up a magfloar tight against the glass.

View attachment 32401359View attachment 32401360View attachment 32401361

I too use a razor blade when needed, just watch the silicone seams in the corners.

was literally just thinking about this lol

Yep, just use a blade like that and free hand it.

those are some slick setups! all my razor blades are sharp on both sides for the safety razor, which I use about 2 times per year since my wife prefers a little beard, lol. So I ordered a 50 pack on amazon that is supposed to arrive today. I've been cleaning the tank near daily lately staying on top of things but a few areas have just grown too hard against the glass for a sponge or plastic scraper to carve off so I'll take some time with the razor tonight.

I have flippers and mag floats for all my tanks.
Sometimes I need more for the harder stuff and used to use razor blades but with so many tanks they were too small and took too long so I switched to something like this:

1715865629223.png

I also use allot of those cheap glass cleaning pads.

Back