Clown not looking so good

AdamDeMamp

I found this little guy just hanging out on the sand bed, breathing kinda heavily. I noticed he hasn't been eating as well for the past few days. Is there anything I can do to save him? Thanks.

photo1_zpsb9c18a17.jpg

photo2-5_zps4fa563fe.jpg

Its a little hard to tell from the pic, but If you are not already setup to treat with Formalin or Copper in a QT tank, it is very unlikely you will be able to setup in enough time to help him before he dies. If you are setup, I would start out with Formalin treatment.

tank looks to be newly set up.....has this tank been fully cycled?
what are your parameters?

are those white particles on him? His stomach seems shrunken as well...are these clowns new? possibly brook?

are those white particles on him? His stomach seems shrunken as well...are these clowns new? possibly brook?

It appeared to be brook to me, but in the photo I couldn't tell if some of those growths were more like a fungus. I suspect it is just the photo and that it is brook however.

The fish didn't make it. This is my qt/spare tank. It's been up for 6-8 weeks with rocks f my sump. Water params aren't the issue. I have a rbta in the same tank that's huge. It's also brin hosted by a platinum that's doing great. I've just had a sting of bad luck with "designer" clowns. I haven't lost a fish in almost a year, but I've lost 4 clowns in the past 2 months. I d

Stupid fat fingers...

I don't suspect brook. I got all my clowns through reputable dealers like ora. They were all in this qt tank. I'm think the platinum is beating up the others.

Back