Clown swimming vertically

Nanciew

I have a pecula clown that has been swimming vertical for about 5 days. Stays in the corners of tank away from flow current. Have had it for about 5 months. Only have another clown and yellow wrap in the tank with some like rock which have been in there for a year or so. (The rock). All the fish have been fine for months. I have been fighting with red slime and have treated the tank for that a few times but they seemed fine after the treatments. It acts like it wants to eat but can't. Please help!!

Fish Friend

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I don't know enough to figure that out unfortunately, I hope some people with more knowledge help out. The only thing I can think of that you might have overlooked, is that clowns can have "Jaw Lock" - does it open and close it's mouth normally?

Nanciew

Vertically Swimming Clown

Vertically Swimming Clown

I have a pecula clown that has been swimming vertical for about 5 days. Stays in the corners of tank away from flow current. Have had it for about 5 months. Only have another clown and yellow wrasp in the tank with some live rock which have been in there for a year or so. (The rocks). All the fish have been fine for months. I have been fighting with red slime and have treated the tank for that a few times but they seemed fine after the treatments. It acts like it wants to eat but can't. Please help!!

Hal

My clowns frequently hung out in the corner of my tank in a head up or head down position. This is normal for clowns.

If you think it's hungry, few fish can resist live food. Live blackworms are my go to food for picky eaters. It rarely fails. If live isn't available, use frozen foods. P.E. Mysis is my next fave, or Rod's food. Other brands of mysis such as hikari would be my next choice.

CindyK

Mine do it too, though they always eat. How is he today?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Nanciew

Vertical clown

Vertical clown

Still. The same. It's been 13 days. Still not eating. Will try to find live food. Thanks for the help.