clownfish eggs

torosax

Hey there guys... I was just wondering if anyone has had much experience with breeding clownfish? I've got a pair of Maroons. The female(White stripe) has been in my tank for about 2 years and the male(slowly growing in the gold of his stripes) for a little over a year.. I added an RBTA just over two months ago and yesterday afternoon, the clowns laid their first clutch of eggs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPvG7QTB9k&hd=1 <--video of them laying their eggs..

I was curious if anyone around here has had much success in rearing the fry.. I'd like to look into the process at some point.. obviously not with this first batch of eggs but maybe somewhere down the road..

Betillo

My onix lay all the time. Never tried to rear any. From what I remeber you need some realy small stufff for the fry. Live rotifers, etc
Try Rod on the cmas forum, breeds more clowns than anyone I know.

yeah, that's mainly what I was curious about as far as green water cultures as well as the rotifers... but thanks for the info! What's the cmas forum if you don't mind me asking?

There are a lot of clownfish breeders on RC. Rod is awesome. But you may want to try the breeding forum here also.

You will definately need rotifers in the beginning.

Thanks for the info everyone! I've actually just made the decision to move to CA. So unfortunately, I've decided that I need to sell my tanks.. I will make a post regarding everything.

Back