Clownfish Help

Is that white stringy feces? If so, it's internal parasites and you can dose with Prazi-Pro.

I have successfully dosed it in a reef system with no ill effects, but you'll need to make that judgement call on your own.

Otherwise, you can treat in QT, but watch your ammonia levels. Ammonia is the number one killer in QT tanks.

Yes, it was feces, its no longer there and there looks like a piece of the fish is missing now.

Was your tank full of corals when you dosed it in the display tank? I'm worried about it because its only 34 gallons of water :/

How many doses/long do you think it would take in a QT tank? I'll set one up asap.

Thanks for your advise!

Yes, tank full of corals, etc.

If you're going to do a QT, you'll probably need to do water changes on a daily basis. I would use a sponge filter, and if you can grab a rock or two from your display, you'll be able to seed bacteria much more quickly.

I don't know about the "missing part" of the fish. I don't have any experience there.

If I recall, you'll want to do 2 weeks in QT. If it were me, I'd treat all the fish. If it's a parasite, everybody may be infected and just one may be showing symptoms. The others may be doing a better job of fighting it off.

Follow the dosing instructions on the PraziPro bottle. Be sure to shake the bottle like crazy before dosing. It's a suspension and needs to be mixed very well.

Check ammonia daily.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Here is an updated pictures... she's still in the display tank and she is eating. No word from the disease forum on what it could be! :sad1:

I'm not sure why the picture rotated when I added it but please look between the pectoral and the anal fin to see the location where it appears to be a piece "missing" from the fish. What caused this? Can it be saved????

Attachments

• Fish.jpg
    Fish.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
Its actually damage, can't get a good picture of it. I have RO/DI water in the works and a 10 gallon tank cleaned out for a hospital tank. I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to get the medicine and filter though. The fish has never stopped eating, he's been eating multiple times a day for the last week. Usually they get food once/twice a day.

Back